Marty starts full day kindergarten today. I have the worries any mom of a child starting kindergarten would have, with the added special needs concerns as well. (Will he be able to communicate his needs, will he be able to understand the new material, will he need his mama?)
Worries surge and grace abounds. Marty is and I am His flock. He cares for us.
Instead of the mass list of things I probably might have done a better job on, I receive You. And You are enough, Your grace enough, your reassurance enough. He will carry the lambs in His arms, holding them close to His heart.
When I think heaps of would've, should've, could've are waiting for me at the throne of grace, at the mercy seat--You remind me that You and me are together in this. I'm not an aimless wanderer coming up short when I simply have no idea what comes next. You will gently lead me, the mother. I am just as helpless without You.
Will is a promise.
Gently means without harsh criticism and fault-finding; not pulling violently in the right direction.
Lead means I don't have to reinvent the wheel to do this. I simply follow your ways. It means I'm also learning.
Jesus, you are everything I'm not. Your patience is matchless, your love is endless and I am amazed at the way you show your love for me, even tucking away the truths I need for the day at the right moment I need it. I know we are both in The Great Shepherd's care. He's got this.
No comments:
Post a Comment