Marty is learning to roll over and can go from his back to his tummy--the harder of the two-part process. If you put him on his tummy before, he would stay up for a few seconds then flop down on his back. Not so anymore.
He seems to be getting stuck at the top and yesterday he gave me two scares. I laid him on his colorful play blankie while I went to fetch a new diaper and some socks for him. I was in his room for nearly two minutes when I heard an ear piercing scream. I ran back to the living room. In those quick few seconds I stepped away, he managed to flip himself over on one of his teethers and couldn't figure out rolling back over.
That same night he gave me another scare, but I shook after pondering a different outcome. Marty woke up at 3:00am and made some whiney noises indicating he wanted to eat. Usually he does this for a good 10-15 minutes before it turns into a real cry. I felt as if I had just gone to bed and desired those extra 10-15 minutes of snoozing so I turned the baby monitor down to a quieter setting. Suddenly I was jolted awake by angry cries. Not sure how long I had slept, I dashed out of bed and into his room next door. To my horror, he was face down and stuck in a corner of his crib trying to rock himself into a righted position. Quickly I flipped him over, scooped him up and held him tight. I vowed never to turn my monitor down for a selfish 10 more minutes of sleep ever again.
I need to teach my son how to successfully master the dismount on his roll to prevent future incidents such as these from happening, which give his mother heart murmurs, wrinkles, and gray hair.~*
Bennett did this for a little bit where I would lay him down for a nap and then I would hear screaming and he would be stuck on his belly. Funny thing was is that he could roll all the way over when he was playing but for some reason he wouldn't do it in his crib. I just flipped him back over and finally instead of rolling all the way over he started sleeping on his side. Now he has a lot more head strength and he'll lift his head up better now. It was scary and you feel so bad for them, reminds you that they are totally dependent on you.
ReplyDelete