I only started giving him cereal in the morning. He was getting constipated (oh joy) and I thought about switching him to oatmeal, but someone told me to try bananas; later I found out this was a binding agent. The pediatrician told me greens would do the trick, so I gave him some sweet peas--also a binding agent. Finally the pediatrician recommended prune juice mixed with rice cereal. This has seemed to work really nicely.
Upon the 5 month mark, I introduced him to new foods: sweet potatoes, squash, and carrots--which stain everything. Spoons, clothes and even Marty's face have an orange tint to them and the aftermath looks as if I fed my son Cheetos. At the 5 month mark we were up to two meals a day, breakfast and lunch, and I was going to hold off on the third meal, dinner, until he reached 6 months.
Well lately I've been waking up with my son at what seems like "ungodly" hours. And he's hungry. So I nurse him and it would usually be enough to lull him back to sleep. Not so, now that I have created the new "full." I only got smart to this last night after I tried dinner. He couldn't get enough. Where he would normally stop chowing at a tablespoon's worth of veggies, his typical consumption during the day, he ate a jar and a half of sweet potatoes and finished it off with 3-4 oz of breastmilk. Needless to say, I didn't have to feed him during the night. While he did wake up early a little gassy, a soothie and some rocking was enough to send him back to dreamland. I've got a growing boy on my hands.~*
No comments:
Post a Comment