Sooooooo true.
What responsibility do we have when we walk in the power and authority of Christ?
To set captives free. To lay hands on the sick and see them recover. To watch the blind see and the deaf hear.
To raise the dead.
But you've never done that before. How do you know it will work? What happens if it doesn't? What if I look like a fool? Worse--what if people think I'm crazy?
What if the reason we don't walk in our authority has less to do with knowing what authority we've been given and more to do with what it is going to cost to walk in it?
Jesus Himself said we'd do greater works than He did. Well then, how bout it?
I know what authority I've been given. I know Whose I am. But I am guilty of putting authority aside when fear grips me or doubt rises, when uncertainty looms and the onlookers look. That has to be one of the greatest heartbreaks of God--to see us lay aside our costly inheritance as sons and daughters of King Jesus and shrink back from being used by Him in ways that would bring Him glory.
His perfect, relentless love casts out our fear. We can walk in every ounce of authority He's given us when we are consumed by our God, Who is Himself love.
God forgive us for taking Your Holy Spirit lightly and for not being willing to be used by You in greater ways. Your relentless love for us doesn't stop with simply saving us but healing us as well. We know you desire greater faith on our behalf to be able to be used by You. Help us to trust your voice, to let Your love guide our steps. Teach us daily to live and move in the authority we've been gifted. Amen!
No comments:
Post a Comment