April 5, 2014

Overwhelmed

So I'm gathering songs together for an Inspire event. I was trusting God to give me the songs to do. I thought I had gathered the ones God was showing me and I was on the lookout for what fit the theme, some of the first ones I heard.

Then I tried to practice some of the set. Some of them I really liked and were easy to lead and some I couldn't get the notes right and it was just a frustrating ordeal. I began to despise the songs that were gathered and wondered if I had heard from God about the song selections afterall. 

Last night before an impromptu practice session with two of the women on our team I heard this song--this gripping lullaby of a worship song that rocked my soul. "You Know Me" by Bethel Worship.

I needed to sing this over and over and over and over and over. The words! The melody! I can't even begin to think of it without almost melting.

On the way to impromptu practice I was not aware God was giving me a song for our set. I had tried to rush and pick the ones I thought were right for the theme, but His plan in all this is nothing short of Divine.

I realized in the car on my way to pick up the violinist that this song echoed Psalm 139--my favorite Psalm. A Psalm that has given me comfort in places of fear, the Psalm that God had awoken me with the same day Marty was diagnosed with Down syndrome. The same Psalm this blog got it's namesake from. I also just found out that it is a verse that our leader is speaking on at Inspire where we will be doing our worship set. 

I woke up this morning and got my guitar out and played it as an offering of my heart. I don't know what God has in store but I know that above all He knows and loves me with such an incredible, intimate love so that whatever comes from His hand I can trust and know He's got me. Since this morning I have been graced with such a strong sense of His very real presence weighing on me like a thick blanket. I know that He was waiting for the perfect timing to reveal His songs and I should have waited on Him. Lesson learned! The songs are so much better than anything I could've ever tried to fix-up on my own. Amazing love! He's in all the details! Just look at the message God wants us to grasp about Him:

"You are beautiful" -Beautiful

"You are mine" - Oceans

"You are God" - You Know Me 

"You are constant...You are always good...You are Sovereign" - Not for a Moment 

"All I need to do is worship...lift my hands, surrender and bow down" - All I Need

Join us for Inspire on May 9th 7pm! So excited!

1 comment: