My friend Jessica called me yesterday and I was telling her about my latest pregnancy happenings that are not so grand. I told her about the dreams I'd been having and my nosebleeds. We both laughed a little about the new wacked-out things your body does once it's got a passenger on board.
But then she gave me some good advice. She said just because it's a symptom, doesn't mean it has to be that way. God cares about the little things just as much as the big things. Why not pray about pregnancy symptoms, like nightmares?
She gave me an example of what her friend did when she was pregnant. Her friend prayed all throughout her pregnancy that her baby wouldn't be a constant crier. When the baby was finally born, it only cried when it needed something and it was an otherwise very happy baby. Laughing, Jessica said that her baby was a constant crier--that maybe she should've been bold enough to pray for what her friend did. Anyway, Jessica encouraged me to pray about the nightmares again.
That's exactly what I did last night. I got into bed with my Bible and read some of the Psalms--the Psalms are always encouraging. I also prayed before I went to bed that I would sleep soundly and not have any nightmares.
I slept very soundly, didn't have to get up until 5:30am to use the restroom, fell back asleep and dreamt only once at the very end about something indifferent. God is good.~*
No comments:
Post a Comment