Yesterday was our first official Dr. apt with the midwives. It was really great because I got to hear the baby's "strong" heartbeat! It sounded like a little train. I cried. Martin kissed me. He was relieved to finally hear some feedback from the womb.
On a more personal note, lately I've been noticing one of the most dreaded, ugly signs of pregnancy: stretch marks. If you're squeemish already, stop reading. If your intrigued or sympathetic or can relate to my plight, move on.
The first new stretch mark I noticed looked like a bruise. That's what Martin thought it was. "No, it's a stretch mark," I reassured him. He didn't look convinced. "Is it painful?" he asked. The mark is not painful, but the process sure is.
Then I noticed other colors of stretch marks, all brand new, today. I thought I had chicken pox because instead of being a light blue, they were bright pink. Oh the joys of becoming a mother. Time to hit the gym I suppose.
This is another fascinating discovery. The midwife--and many other reliable resources--told me I need to exercise while I'm pregnant; that I will be much happier and healthier later on if I do. I start this week with a light routine and have changed some of my eating habits. Apparently I was not supposed to be drinking so much juice. Water is now my hydration drug of choice. I can tell you it's done wonders for my cold today. I feel 10x better than I did this morning, or even this afternoon.
Well, I'll keep you updated on all the glory and anguish each step of the way whether you like it or not. Stay tuned if you're still able to stomach all the wonderful, exciting and sometimes not so glamorous aspects of becoming a mommy.~*
That's so sweet! I'm happy for you guys! It is quite amazing to hear baby's heartbeat for the first time, just wait until you get the 20 week ultrasound! Then you can truely see the miracle that God is creating within you! Hate to break it to you, but no amount of exercise will prevent those stretch marks...as baby gets bigger, so will you, and in 6 months you will have a "battle scarred" tummy like mine. Ugly, true, but baby is worth it. =) Plus, who wants to wear a bikini post baby anyway???
ReplyDelete