February 22, 2010

Learning Like a Mother

"You're not a bad mother because you don't know the solution."  Words of wisdom from my mom just a few minutes ago on a humbling phone call.

I was so proud of my son's bedtime ritual which was a labor of love.  Reading books at 6:45pm followed by prayers and perhaps a lullaby.  Lights out at 7:00pm and my little dreamer drifted to sleep. 

Since his scare this past weekend--another ball of wax not yet blogged about, but it involved my son sleeping facedown and perfectly content that way; a literal Divine intervention caused me to go in when I did--I haven't stopped worrying since.  He is now confined to his swing as far as sleeping arrangements go.  I am not thrilled about this and I wish he were back into his routine and sleeping safetly in his own bed, away from the noise of dinner being made or phone calls being answered.  My guilt compiles each time he wimpers and stirs out of his slumber as I tend to "shhhh"-ing and putting his soothie back in this mouth. 

The pain of my decision comes in a wave when I don't know the answer to how long this will go on.  For the moment I don't feel secure in letting him sleep on his own until he masters certain rolling techniques.  Yet I'm not sure when that will be, or if this is in actuality the real problem.

Only time will tell~*

No comments:

Post a Comment