*Sigh*
Now that graduation is over, I can think of the thing that has been looming over my head all semester that I've just been trying to ignore: moving.
Before, if a thought of moving home made its way into my mind, I thought of how fun and relaxing it would be. I'd see my family more often and we wouldn't have to drive 24 hours for a holiday.
Maybe it's those pregnancy hormones fluxuating that's made me all emotional about the upcoming adjustment. So many new beginnings happening at once: I'm a college graduate about to begin a career in the field of my choice, I'm an expectant mother about to give birth to a son--two big beginnings in such a small amount of time. So many questions paw at my mind.
Those thoughts of going home have finally sunk now, sunk below the sweetness into the bitter pit of my being. I don't want to go home, because I feel like I am home...~*
It's not too late to change your plans... Do you think it's the Lord prompting you to reconsider, or just the thought of missing all of us?
ReplyDeleteI think after I finally had time to think about it, I realized how hard it will be to leave such amazing people. I was also thinking "what if" about everything. God knows what you need when you pour your heart out to him. After writing yesterday, I got two letters from my family, one from my brother and one from Marcia. I needed those. It doesn't make the pain of saying "see you later" any less, but it makes me look forward to what awaits.
ReplyDelete