Cheesy aerobics videos, endless boring magazine articles tucked in mom magazines of trim ladies using soup cans as hand weights, and the ever intimidating gym membership complete with tireless professional stair-steppers has surprisingly done nothing to inspire me into action. Yet, I dare say, there's is an exercise routine out there that's worth looking forward to.
Zumba! If the name is as fun as it sounds, sign me up!
I've been bugging my husband for years now to take a dance class with me in order to get or keep in shape--whatever comes first. Motivation is key when it comes to this sort of thing, and fun is definately high on the motivation list. The dance class hasn't happened, but I found something more intense and invigorating than two-steppin'. Zumba is packed with high-energy, fast paced movements to deliciously diverse music. The slammin' dance moves keep your body grooving. Your muscles scream, "STOP!" but your mind shouts "GO!" as you move to the beat.
I think I found my antidote to my companion, the blessed baby-weight.~*
No comments:
Post a Comment